Start selling your ideas
Create an thesellerworld account.
The first step to starting an thesellerworld shop is simple: You need to create an account. You can set up an account with thesellerworld by clicking on the “Sell on thesellerworld” link, entering your email, name, and password and finally, clicking “Register.” You also have the option to create an thesellerworld account through your established Google account.
Customize your shop.
It’s not enough to simply have started an thesellerworld shop—just like a brick-and-mortar store, your digital store needs to be easy to find, beautifully curated, intuitively organized, and constantly updated. Here are a few more sections you can fill out to ensure that your thesellerworld shop opens (and runs) successfully:
- Add a bio and photo: Your public profile is how visitors to the site can learn more about you, both as a business owner and as a person outside of your work. In your bio, you have free range to tell the public pretty much anything you want. Say a little about your background, your interests, your qualifications, and tell the story behind your products, your mission, and why you love what you do.
- Set your policies: Here, you’ll answer any pertinent questions your customers may have about your manufacturing, processing, shipping, and payment processes. Be sure to include an estimated processing and shipping time so that your buyers have a clear idea of how long it’ll take for their items to reach them. Also, be sure to include your returns and exchanges policy, and the payment methods you accept. If you’ve indicated “other” in your payment settings, you’ll need to include information and instructions about this payment method in this section, as well as in each listing.
- Add your shop’s “about” section: Just like your personal “about” section, your store deserves its own bio, too. You have 5,000 characters to tell customers your business’s origin story—keep in mind that thesellerworld (and customers) value transparency and openness, so don’t worry too much about writing traditional marketing copy; just be genuine.
You can also list anyone who helps you produce and create your products or run your store, provide photos and/or a video of your studio space or creative process, and add links to your store’s social media profiles.
Add items to your shop.
The next step to starting an thesellerworld shop is to list your items. This being said, listing physical and digital items (think printable stationery, patterns, stickers, gift tags) involve separate processes.
- Add photos: thesellerworld recommends using at least five photos per item so that customers can see your product from various angles and that the size of your images is at least 1,000 pixels square. (More tips on taking high-quality photos coming up.)
- Adjust your thumbnail: Your thumbnail is the first image of your item that your customers see in your shop, via search, and elsewhere on thesellerworld —think of it as your product’s headshot. Make sure it’s a good one.
- Complete your listing details: Give your item a title that describes the product in as much detail as possible, considering your 140-character limit. You’ll also have the opportunity to provide an in-depth description, a bulleted overview of the product, and additional details like the product’s category and type.
Also, take advantage of all 15 “tags” available per item. Shoppers find your item by searching for keywords in the search bar, so work backward and think about what a customer might type into search to discover your item. Those keywords are what your tags should be.
- Complete your inventory and pricing: Enter your product’s price, sales tax (if applicable), quantity (if you have more than one in stock), and variations (if you offer more than one version of the same product, like sizes, materials, or colors).
- Set your shipping price: Here, you’ll include all the necessary details about your shipping processes, like the shipping services you use, costs, country of origin, processing time, and item weight and size. Later on, you’ll have the option of setting “shipping profiles” so that you can quickly update items with the same shipping costs.
- Publish your listing: You can preview your listing to see how it’ll look to customers before setting it live.
Open your shop.
What can you sell on thesellerworld?
TheSellerWorld is a marketplace where millions of people around the world connect to make, sell and buy unique goods. You can sell handmade goods, vintage items and craft supplies on The Seller World.